Turned up early this morning to help set up the range and conditions were fantastic. Lovely day for a match. The day was marked by good conditions. Light was quite tricky at times and tripped up most people, but the wind was very low for the most part.
My own match got off to a dodgy start, with two 87's in a row, with which I wasn't best pleased. I did manage to get my act together however and even put in a 94, which is my best card outdoors, fairly pleasing. Finished with a 539, which is a shade lower than I was anticipating, but it's my own fault. What I have to remember in future is:
-Adjust my rearsight aperture better to suit conditions and optimise sight picture (this was the primary issue with my first two cards)
-Adjust my handstop and sling to bring my position up when shooting in BRC; found myself constantly trying to shift upwards today and was very uncomfortable for the whole match. My neck is still quite sore.
I also would like to pay attention to my rhythm in future, as I found when I got into a quick, regular rhythm rather than taking laborious time over shots, I shot a lot better.
I won the class, but the turnout for the class was small. I was happy enough with my score, but it wouldn't ordinarily win. Still, it was a good day, fun was had, things were learned to be applied in future and the company was good. There is a more comprehensive report on the event here.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment