There's been plenty going on and much to log over the past while, so bear with me and I'll see how best to illustrate it. I've been keeping fairly relaxed about shooting recently, training about weekly, and relaxing in between, trying to intensify training but keep it out of the rest of my time, as I think that was getting counter-productive. Best to keep it simple for now and not overcomplicate things.
The DURC Open didn't go very well. My mind just wasn't on the task in hand, I was using a scope that couldn't make out the targets and I had a misfire, so finished dead last, and forgot to take a shot on another target as four holes looked like five through the scope I had. Unfortunate to say the least.
After the DURC Open I resolved to getting some outdoor practice to try and figure out what was going so wrong that I was dropping fifty points off my indoor scores, and after a little bit of practice and tweaking, I started getting it right. All I changed was my rear iris, and I just edged it down until my sight picture gained distinction, and everything fell into place and my scores immediately went up to where my indoor scores were. Many thanks to the guys in DRC for being so accommodating with the use of their range for my trouble-shooting, and for all the advice.
Yesterday I went down to Rathdrum for some training, and it quickly became apparent that my work outdoors had paid off dividends for my indoor shooting, as I beat my personal best by a significant amount and only had one match card slip under 91, and that was the last one, which was a mildly upsetting 87, but it was a product of tiredness, bad decisions, and I think the ammo may have thrown a couple of points at one stage, but it was cheap, so I can't find too much fault. So I finished with a 549, using Lapua Super Club. Were I using Master, I probably would have gained a couple of points elsewhere, and probably there, so it's rather good for my own pride and it shows there's been a lot of progress.
Now, having improved greatly, and fixed some of my outdoor problems, roll on the Nationals on Sunday the 20th. I'm optimistic, so hopefully nerves won't show me up.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment