Monday, September 15, 2008

Leinster 50m Open

I changed my handstop setting for this match. I'd been suffering a lot of pain in my support hand, and to try alleviate it, I turned the handstop more in line with the stock. It had been offset towards my hand, but this had been forcing the hand to turn and it was causing me too much pain. The alteration made a big difference and I didn't suffer nearly as much.

I found shooting on the right hand firing point meant the wind flags stayed pretty dead, so I was far better off watching the flag at the far left hand side of the range and paying attention to grasses close in to make wind alterations. Light was very consistent, so I didn't need to worry overly about that.

Score was decent. 558, which is a new competitive personal best. I also took second place in class D and some crystal to boot. It wasn't a bad result for me, so I was pleased enough. Got some good technical advice from Tony Cogan, so I've got things to work on for the next while as well. Indoor season opens next week, so hopefully that will be interesting as well. At least it's entirely technique then, so it'll push me to improve that.

No comments: