Saturday, May 24, 2008

Okay, I'm going to head for a training session now, so I want to lay out some objectives for the day, and I can come back afterwards, see how well I realised them and what effect they had. So, for today:

- Analyse my consistency of position. When I zero, I will take note of my mat position and my body position in relation to this. Hereafter, I will note this when positioning myself.
- Take long breaks between firing a shot. Establish rigorous check routine. Refer to notes for details of this routine for each shot.
- Watch breathing control. Focus on breath for every shot.
- Trigger control. Be careful and analyse new trigger settings.

Before each shot, I want to run through my list of checks and ask myself "Is there any reason why this shouldn't be a ten?" I then want to focus on taking the shot immaculately carefully.

I'm going to shoot a match. My target for today, assuming I take proper care, is 545. I will post again later with details of how I got on.

No comments: